Our services include:
- Yearly Maintenance
- Tile Roofs
- Composition Roof
- All types of Gutters
- Tar and Gravel Roof
- Rock Roofs
- Metal Roofs
- Coping Metal
- Flashing Repair
- Dry-Rot Repair
- Water Testing
- Ridge Repair
- Emergency Cover-Ups
Do you ever think about maintenance on the roof of your Pinole home?
You likely have a roof and never really think about it until it starts to leak. Or, you find shingles falling off the roof into the yard. Your roof, at that point, is in need of repair. If you fail to keep up your roof, that will happen.
The simple fact is that maintaining a roof can help prolong its life. Being able to get a few more years out of a roof is great for the budget. The homeowner can do simple things to keep a healthy roof going for a bit longer. A professional roofer can also inspect the roof.
Simple Roof Maintenance
What can you do to maintain your roof?
Pick a day for doing a roof inspection. Most roofing experts recommend doing this twice a year. Many homeowners choose to do it in the spring and fall when they are dealing with leaves and gutter cleaning. It is just a natural extension of those activities.
- Check the flashing around chimneys and knee walls. The flashing should be tight and the seal strong.
- Look at the rubber boots around plumbing pipes penetrating the roof. They should be flexible and in one piece.
- Check for roof sags.
- Look for damaged or missing shingles.
- Look at the ridge line and make sure its straight and all shingles are still secure.
- Look at your fascia and soffits also. Any rot in these areas often show a roof problem as well.
- Check flashing.
- Check for mold and mildew growth on the shingles or wood.
Make note of any problems you find.
An attic inspection is next, if you have one. When doing the roof inspection, take time to climb up in the attic.
- Look at the deck. Make sure there is no water coming in.
- Look up through the pipe vents and make sure you do not see daylight.
- Check the chimney edges for any light penetration.
- Make sure venting is adequate in the attic.
Again, make note of problems.
Make Minor Repairs
Once you know the problems you have already, make minor repairs. Making small repairs when you find them will keep them from growing into bigger ones.
- Replace missing or damaged shingles/tiles.
- Replace cracked boots around vent pipes.
- Reseal flashing that is pulling away from the chimney.
When a problem is bigger than you can handle or beyond your skill level, you need to call in the pros. Professional roofers do more than roof replacements. They can do simple repairs quickly and efficiently and they may actually find problems that you did not notice.
Clean Your Roof
When you are up on the roof, you may notice it is looking a bit dingy. Many homeowners decide to replace a roof just because it is looking old and dingy. A simple cleaning can improve the looks of any roof and put off replacement time. It also helps to keep debris from building up in the cracks and causing problems. Professional roofers can do a roof cleaning. You can also find companies that specialize in this type of cleaning.
Give PCR a Call Today
If it has been awhile since you have inspected your roof or had any work done on it, call in the professionals. A professional can do an inspection quickly and efficiently. They can spot minor problems before they become major. They can also evaluate the health of your roof and give you an assessment of its longevity.
The pros here at Pacific Coastal Roofing can do your inspection. They can handle any repair work that might need done. And, ultimately, They can handle your roof replacement when your roof's life is at the end. Give them a call today.