Pacific Coast Roofing Service is a Bay Area roof contractor serving Oakley since 1996.
Our services include:
- Yearly Maintenance
- Tile Roofs
- Composition Roof
- All types of Gutters
- Tar and Gravel Roof
- Rock Roofs
- Metal Roofs
- Coping Metal
- Flashing Repair
- Dry-Rot Repair
- Water Testing
- Ridge Repair
- Emergency Cover-Ups
Is It Time for a New Roof on Your Oakley Home?
Maybe your roof is approaching the end of its useful life. You have shingles beginning to fall apart. You have made several patches, but even the latest one is beginning to fail. The best thing you can do is have a professional roofer come out and give you an honest assessment. You may find that a few strategic repairs will give you a bit more life out of the roof. However, you may get the news that you need to replace it as soon as possible.
A good roof can last 15 years or more. With proper maintenance and timely repairs, you might even get a couple of decades out of it. When you need a replacement though, you need to use your head. Bring in a professional company with plenty of experience. Pacific Coast Roofing can help. They are a full-service roofing company that can handle just about any type of roofing and will get your new roof done as soon as possible.
What To Expect from an Oakley Roofing Professional
A roof replacement can go in two ways. If the only problem you have is old roofing materials, a roofer can install new materials over the old ones in many cases. This is a great way to save money. However, in many cases, you will need to rip off the old materials before installing the new stuff. When talking to a roofer about replacement, be sure to discuss whether a rip-off of the old materials is necessary.
What else should you ask before hiring a roofer?
- Can you give me a detailed estimate? No roofer should have an objection to giving you a detailed estimate. The estimate should include at least a breakdown of labor and material costs. It also needs to detail the kind of roofing materials to be used.
- Do you have insurance? Bonding? License? To protect your property, you need to hire a roofing contractor who has liability and worker's compensation insurance. Bonding provides financial protection for getting the job done. The license means the contractor follows state and local codes.
- Can you give recent references? A roofing company should have an active list of references they can offer a potential customer. If the roofer refuses or hesitates to give a list, find another roofer. They either think they don't need references or are afraid of what their clients might say.
- When can you begin work? This answer can vary according to the company. During the height of construction season, many roofing companies have to work in smaller jobs. But, the roofer should be able to give you a firm answer, though it might be a couple of weeks out.
- How long should the job take? This is critical. An experienced roofer should be able to tell how long a typical roofing job can go. Of course, there is a proviso against bad weather interrupting the work.
- How much experience does your company have? The owner of a company normally has at least a decade of experience. He likely has people on board with as much experience plus others just learning the trade. Don't take someone who has no experience.
This basic information will give you a good picture of the company and the people who work for it. With this profile and the estimate, you can compare the company with others.
What To Do Now
Replacing an old roof or making repairs sounds easy for the handy do-it-yourself homeowner. But, a roof is more than just roofing materials secured to the deck. In order to handle high winds and driving rain, the house requires a complete roofing system to work. Unless a homeowner has been a professional roofer, it is best left to the professionals.
Pacific Coast Roofing Service can handle any repair or replacement needed in Oakley and surrounding areas. With decades of experience, the work crews at PCR can handle a job quickly and efficiently. The work is professional and comes with a full guarantee. We use only the best materials.