Pacific Coast Roofing Service is a Bay Area roof contractor serving Antioch since 1996.
Our services include:
- Yearly Maintenance
- Tile Roofs
- Composition Roof
- All types of Gutters
- Tar and Gravel Roof
- Rock Roofs
- Metal Roofs
- Coping Metal
- Flashing Repair
- Dry-Rot Repair
- Water Testing
- Ridge Repair
- Emergency Cover-Ups
If you are buying an older home or own one already, a roof inspection is a good idea. An older roof may look good on the surface. However, an inspection by an Antioch roofing contractor may uncover hidden problems. If there is even a shred of doubt about the health of a roof, bring out the professionals to inspect the roof.
Roofing is not something an amateur should undertake. Making a simple mistake in the installation process can lead to leaks and other problems later on. It is important to leave roof installations and repairs to professionals who understand how a roof system works and can spot signs when it is not working. The professionals at Pacific Coast Roofing can help with any repairs or replacements necessary.
Getting an Inspection Done for Your Antioch Home
Some roofs look good on the surface. But, problems can lurk beneath the surface. When purchasing an older home, a roof inspection should happen to find out what the condition the roof really is. When a home has an older roof, an occasional inspection can help find problems before they become major.
Here are some things an Antioch roofing contractor will inspect:
- Do exterior inspection of roofing. Checking lines, fasteners, and layer count. When the lines begin to wonder or sag, problems are starting underneath. Loose fasteners can be the first sign of other problems. More than two layers of roofing materials can lead to trouble.
- Inspect condition of roofing materials closely. Roofing materials may begin to deteriorate. Corners will fall off. The asphalt will begin to separate from the backing. Moss can grow on the shingles.
- Inspect roof deck inside and out. The roof deck needs to be solid. Any weakness is a problem.
- Check flashing all around the room. Flashing helps prevent water infiltration in the odd spots around the roof. Any opening is trouble.
- Inspect vents, collars, fans, skylights, and other roof openings. These are the places where leaks often begin doing damage.
- Inspect gutters. Gutters pull water away from the roof. Backed up gutters can start mildew and deterioration at the edges of a roof.
- Do an attic inspection for roof health. Attics need to have adequate ventilation and insulation to keep the roof in good condition.
A homeowner can do a basic inspection. However, an experienced roofing contractor will know the signs of trouble to look for even when the surface looks good. Do not leave a roof inspection to amateurs.
Go Local with an Antioch Roofing Contractor for an Inspection
The San Francisco Bay area generally has good weather. However, like any other area of the country, roofing problems can occur. While temperatures in Antioch normally stay in the upper 80s during the summer, some days can hit the high 90s and even 100s. This intense heat, coupled with the occasional moist fog, can deteriorate roofing materials. Homeowners need to have roof inspections to make sure the roof is in good condition.
Pacific Coast Roofing is a professional roofing contractor with plenty of experience in the San Francisco Bay area. Their crews have plenty of experience in spotting trouble before it cause problems inside. When in doubt, a homeowner needs to bring in the PCR experts for an inspection as soon as possible.